Sunday, October 26, 2008

10/27 -- If Today is Your Birthday...

(Melissa's Sunflower and Bumblebee, by Greg Fischer, August 2008)

If today is your birthday, then you are my baby sister, i.,e, the youngest of the three that I have. Your name is Melissa, but I like to call you Roley. (You call me Poley.)

...If today is your birthday, I'm going to tell you something that you probably already know -- that messages from you make me lol more often than anyone else's!

...If today is your birthday, you always let me sleep at your house at least one or two nights when we come to Michigan to visit. I know that's hard for you (having people around, I mean). That makes me feel like you love me.

...If today is your birthday, I love to sleep at your house, because when we get up in the morning, we get to sit outside on your patio swing and drink coffee and talk. I know you wish we didn't have to talk, but you let me anyway. That makes me feel like you love me.

Morning Coffee on Missy's Swing, by Greg Fischer, August 2008

...If today is your birthday, you have two kids -- Alex and Avery. I love those kids very much, and I'm glad they have you for their mom. You're doing a great job. (Even though you probably already know that, too.)

...If today is your birthday, you also have a lot of animals...dogs, cats, rabbits, horses. But you don't have a blue-tongued skink. I think I'm going to give you one for your birthday...

...If today is your birthday, you are a wonderful writer. I love reading your blog, I love reading your messages and I love reading your "assignments." So for your birthday, I'm also giving you permission to spend as much time as you need to get caught up on all of that!

...If today is your birthday, I hope that you feel really appreciated and loved, and that you are "very smiling." Not just today, but every day.

Happy Birthday, Roley -- You are a gift to me!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey, thanks for the birthday blog! Now I AM very smiling. And you're right. You ARE loved. But don't give me that darn blue tongued skink. Your blog is enough. Really. Love, Poley.