Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Testing...Testing...

Disclaimer: This is not my fault. I don't know whose fault it is, but it's not mine. (I'm talking about the fact that my picture is so small.) When I find out who's responsible, there will be hell to pay, believe you me!
*
and
*
Note: This is actually a job-search blog...
*

I took a test this week. It had been so long, I couldn't even remember whether or not I like taking tests -- whether I do well on them, or whether I clench up and experience performance anxiety. In other words, I had no idea how I would do. (It was a relief that I didn't have to study. I do remember that I didn't like studying!)
*
This was a test I had to take as part of the application process for a job (albeit a temporary job) with the U.S. Census Bureau. (Ahem...That's a government position.) I had no idea what would be on the test, but I really wasn't too nervous. The most anxiety-producing part of my preparation was finding my Social Security card. Once I had that and, with the help of my Awesome Husband, had located the testing site (also anxiety-producting for me), it was smooth sailing. I figured I'd worry about the test itself when it was on the table in front of me.
*
Well, the good news is that no matter the outcome -- I'm really not that sure I want to work for the Census Bureau anyway -- I answered all 28 questions correctly. (That's 100%!) And I was the first one (out of eight) to finish -- not that I was paying attention, of course. Now all of that may not count for a darned thing. I do know that you had to get at least 10 correct answers in order to be considered. It just felt good to know that I had tested well.
*
Ok. I admit it. It wasn't that hard. Regular math -- no algebra or trigonometry or anything like that. No science or history or world affairs. Just some common sense reading comprehension. (If you know me, you're probably thinking "I bet she had some trouble with that common sense part." I guess my excellent reading skills, honed by years of dedicated practice, must have compensated .)
*
Yep. As you can probably tell from the tiny little picture of the test above, the most difficult part about it was that those little circles you're supposed to color in were all different shapes and sizes. It was almost like some moron had done it with the MSN Paint program on her PC. I ask you -- Who has that much time to waste?!!!

No comments: