Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine's Blog

"Valentine" by Jordyn, MSN Paint
*


This is my Valentine's blog, after the fact. I hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day, Bloggees!
*
One reason that I am late in posting this is that I was trying to do something special for you... Something that lots of other Bloggers do...something which I've attempted to do several times, but at which I have so far have been completely unsucessful...I soooo wanted to include a video clip with this post! It's just not worth the investment of any more of my time. I'm giving up -- for now. I hope that someday I'll be able to join the ranks of Really Cool Bloggers who are able to upload videos to their posts, but for now, if you'd like to see what I had hoped to show you, you might try clicking on this link: http://news14.com//Default.aspx?ArID=604977. But first let me set it up for you...
*


As some of you may know, my Awesome Husband Greg is a member of the Greensboro Tarheel Chorus. That's a barbershop-style singing group. Every year on Valentine's Day, they divide up into quartets and take orders. If you pay them $50, they will go the home or workplace of someone you think is worth the cash (or maybe even the restaurant where they're having dinner), give them a long-stemmed red rose and sing a couple of mushy love songs to them. (This sometimes causes tears, and in several cases, no small degree of embarrassment. But it's all done in the spirit of love, so no one really complains.)
*


And if you know about the Chorus, then you probably also know that Jordyn and her sister, Taylor, are sort of our practice granddaughters, and we like to do things that make them happy. So this year Greg and the rest of his foursome decided that as a warm-up, they'd surprise Jordyn's Kindergarten teacher with a couple of songs and a rose. The school was right around the corner from the church where they gathered, so why not?
*


Ok. Go ahead and check out that video clip now...
*


Oh -- and won't you please notice the picture I used to open this post? My Jordyn did that all by herself on my computer while I was busy with something else. I helped her not one little bit! (If you aren't impressed yet, why don't you try drawing a free-hand heart and a bunch of clouds using only that little "pencil" on that Paint program? I'm telling you -- the kid's brilliant!)
*


And one more thing (I guess I forgot to mention that this is actually a multi-purpose blog) -- this is also a shout-out to my Ol' Friend Tony...Happy Birthday, Tony! Sure, I know it's late. But when's the last time we even sent you a card, huh? It's just that this year, I thought that perhaps your Awesome Daughter Liz might see this post and tell you that we were thinking of you down here, wishing you a happy birthday and all. Really -- You can pretend Greg's singing to you, and that I paid him $50 to do it! Hope you had a great day!
*


And for those of you who may not know Liz, feel free to check out her Blog -- She's listed as one that I follow, and she's my absolute favorite! (http://www.humaneegoist.blogspot.com/.)
*


Ok. That's my Valentine's Blog. I'm going to have to collect some more thoughts or something before my next post!
*
P.S. I'm not sure how long that link to the video clip will work, so you'd better hurry!



1 comment:

Rachael said...

Had no idea Greg did that! Awesome clip! Great idea Jordyn! :)