Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ash Wednesday Blog

Have you ever gone to church on Ash Wednesday to have a cross traced on your forehead with ashes?

(Do other religions even do that, or is it just Catholics?)

I went yesterday. I didn't go for the entire Mass -- I had slept in too late for that. I went at noon for just the Ashes and Communion Service.

I don't go every year, but when I do, I always try to visualize how I'm going to look with a little black cross on my forehead. I even put on extra mascara so the cross won't completely overpower my total Look.

The picture above shows the type of cross I always imagine gracing my forehead.

Alas, below we have the reality...

Now I don't think even false eyelashes would help this look!

Anyway, even though my cross turned out to be a messy blob, I did garner some inspiration from the experience...

A ffecting

S olemn

H umility,

W e

E mphatically

D eny

E very

S weet

D elight,

A nd

Y earn.

Happy Lent, Bloggees.

No comments: