Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Some More Words about Work-Appropriate Footwear...

...Cowboy boots. Seems like they'd be appropriate for work -- especially at a job where you're behind a cash register; no one can see your feet anyway. They're certainly comfortable (i.e., hanging-around-to-shop-for-a-while-after-work-friendly). The heel was the right height for my pants -- my bootcut pants. And they were black -- exactly the same color as my pants. My decision was made -- today was definitely a day for cowboy boots!

*
Unfortunately -- and this may have had something (or nothing) to do with what was about to happen -- I arrived 45 minutes late, thinking that I was actually 15 minutes early. Either I had not read the schedule properly -- or maybe someone came along and CHANGED it after the last time I looked at it. Whatever...
*

Whether it was my fault, or someone ELSE'S fault isn't important. The point is, I was flustered. Perhaps I was rushing a bit. Maybe I just wasn't excercising due caution for the conditions...who knows?
*
I'll tell you what I do know. If you wear cowboy boots to work, and if you make a quick stop in the restroom before going to the break room to stash your stuff, be sure that the bathroom floor wasn't wet. In the event that it was wet, do make an effort to see that the bottoms of your cowboy boots are dry before you step into the break room. If you don't, this could happen to you, too:

"The Fall" by Kate, 12/24/08 (MSN Paint)


*
And if that happened to you, so could this...Well, or course your face won't look as puffy as mine -- unless you're on prednisone. I'm just talking about the big red mark, which fortunately did not bleed. It just just looked like I'd been putting on my lipstick as I fell:

"The Face" by Kate, 12/24/08 (MSN Paint)








Well, Bloggees -- I really must go do some other things now. Taking the time to tell you about this has done nothing to reduce my tendency to get overwhelmed by the number of things I still feel that I need to do before Christmas. I just felt that I would be doing you a great disservice if I didn't warn you about the dangers of the footwear faux pas!
*

If this post has helped any one of you to avoid what happened to me, then I have no regrets -- save that the darned break room was empty when I staged my exhibition. Alas, not one single person saw my magnificient performance!
*


Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: