Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Christmas Blog -- If Today is Your Birthday...

Mary and Jesus from my father's old Nativity set (by Greg, 2008)


...If today is Your birthday, that means it's Christmas!

*

...If today is Your birthday, it's late and I'm tired because I've spent the entire day being busy -- celebrating, You know. But I couldn't go to bed without saying thank You!


*

...If today is Your birthday, You know that my words can never express what's really in my heart. And I know that I don't even need words. You -- and You alone -- just know!


*


...If today is Your birthday, You are the reason for everything, whether I am mindful of that or not. (Sometimes I am, but often I an not. For that, I am sorry.)


*


...If today is Your birthday, You are always waiting patiently for me to recognize the reality that is You -- and glad when I finally get around to asking for Your help in doing so.


*


...If today is Your birthday, I love You, and I am sorry that I don't do more to show You how much. I know You know. But I know you would like for more people to know.


*



...If today is Your birthday, thank You. For Christmas, and for everything.


*



Happy Birthday, Jesus. We don't deserve You, yet You are ours...

*


...Amen.






1 comment:

ignatius said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS MAMA KATE, I JUST TRY MY GOOGLE ACCESS!!!