Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12/16 -- If Today is Your Birthday...

(Kristofer Karlek, circa 1988)



...If today is your birthday, then you are the guy who was immortalized by that famous song, "Baby-Beef," sung by Greg Fischer in the 1980's! You remember how it goes...



Well, if you wanna smell a baby

And tickle some feet,

It's Baby-Beef,

Ba-ba, mm, ba-ba, mm, ba-ba mm...




...If today is your birthday, your horoscope in today's newspaper says that you bring liveliness to your surroundings wherever you go this year...


Kristofer, Thanksgiving Day 2008 (by Greg)


...I think I see what they mean!
*
...If today is your birthday, your horoscope also says that your carefree apporach to making friends contributes to your career in January, and that you will gather helpful new contacts. I guess that means you don't care who you hang out with, but sometimes you get lucky. Well, good for you!
*
...If today is your birthday, you will always be Fifferdo to me, because that was Dj's first name for you.
*
...If today is your birthday, there are countless images of you in my mind and in my heart...the adorable things you used to say, like "How 'bout a bottle of beer?"...the way you used to play with Dj -- You've always been such a good "big" cousin to him...the extreme Cuteness Factor that has surrounded you all of your life...(as evidence, I give you the aforementioned "Baby-Beef!")
*
...If today is your birthday, there are a couple of other memories of you that I treasure, and would like to mention. One is the very special relationship you had with Grandma Rose. I remember the summer that you, Dj and I rode with her up to Michigan. I don't want to embarrass you on your birthday or anything -- I think I already did that with that "cuteness factor" comment -- but you were so wonderful. You deserved her special love. The other memory is special to me alone, probably, and I can't explain why; I just like it. You were staying over night at our house, sleeping on the floor in Dj's room. I remember checking in on you before I went to bed. Dj was sound asleep, and you were under the blankets reading a book with a flashlight. You gotta love a kid who loves books!
*
...If today is your birthday, your are a wonderful son, grandson, brother, cousin, friend and nephew -- and we're so glad you belong to us!
*
Happy birthday, Fifferdo -- We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this one about Fiferdo...I had forgotten some of that stuff, but I do remember how sweet his relationship with Mom was. I remember that trip you mentioned and she was so glad that he came with you guys. What a good joe he has always been, huh? I'm so glad we have him.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to sign my name. I wrote the previous note.

Love, yoursister