Sunday, November 20, 2016

Willy Nilly



On this day last year, 20 days into my (non)commitment to a month of daily blogging, I had nothing to say, so I wrote a "random thoughts" post. Doing it again makes it a tradition, right? (Also, nothing says "I meant to do that" like doing it again, as I always like to say.)

I read instruction manuals, but I never send in warranty cards.

I'm drawn to self-help books, but before I can finish one, I become overwhelmed at the amount of work to be done and put it back on the shelf.

If you want to be "unique," to stand out in the crowd, that's fine. But then you don't get to complain about being misunderstood.

I've always believed that I can do whatever I want. I've just always been lazy.

If you discriminate against one group of people, but not another, I suppose you should be applauded for being discriminating in your discrimination.

I stop and ask directions. Again and again. Until, finally, I write it down.

My extreme dislike of cleaning up has probably kept me from taking part in activities that I might otherwise find enjoyable. Like painting and cooking.

I enjoy watching TV almost as much as I do reading books, but I don't like to admit that.

If you find yourself wondering, Is she trying to be funny? the answer is probably Yes.

I love to draw, so I do. I have been underwhelmed by the praise I've received.

In my mind, I am a great dancer, but only a mediocre singer.

I am inexplicably proud of the fact that I've now posted 25 consecutive blogs, if you count the last five I posted in October. But you probably shouldn't, because the one on the 30th was actually a "guest blog," written by my friend, Sue. Still, 21 in a row!

As I also like to always say, "Tomorrow we get to start all over again!"






2 comments:

Cindy Ricksgers said...

Congratulations! Great job...and a great post, too!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Cindy! Only 10 more to go! I can't imagine how you're doing every single day. You are amazing!