Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016--A Photo Blog


The house was clean enough. The extra leaf was in the table, and the olives and pickles and nuts were on the counter for snacking. We were ready.


We didn't fix a turkey this year. That, along with all the usual fixings--plus deviled eggs--was provided by Awesome Greg's Awesome Sister Dawn and her Equally Awesome Son Brad. They top my list of "Thankfuls" this year. In the spirit of the season, however, I did pull out this pillow that I made from a child's place mat years ago...



...and this paper bag gobbler made by Jordyn when she was in Kindergarten.


Meagan brought a photo-worthy platter of roasted vegetables, and the much-loved green bean casserole.


When we couldn't eat any more, the table was cleared (Thank you, Awesome Greg!) and the games came out.


Taylor and Jordyn--showed up for dessert. We had two pies, but Taylor brought her homemade cupcakes just in case.


More games and hilarity--i.e., Taylor playing Googly Eyes...


...and Greg acting out "putting out a fire"


and "skydiving"


during a rousing game of Heads Up.

There was face time with Daddy, who was in Tennessee this year, until someone's phone suddenly died. Sorry, Jason.


Oh, and just so you'll believe me when I tell you that I was there, too, I took a picture of myself...


It's been a day for Thanksgiving, and I am thankful indeed. I hope you all made some memories that will keep you smiling until next year, too.



No comments: