Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November



The first day of November...

On this day last year, I committed to writing in my blog every day for a month. This year, I'm not saying I will. But I might.

I only work when someone is watching. Outside of that, I tend to flit from one distraction to another--sometimes for an entire day--without ever accomplishing anything that makes me sigh "there" at the end of the day. Deadlines are my only boss. So If I do decide to post every day, that commitment will be my boss. I will have a job to do, and a sense of accomplishment when it's done.

If I decide not to blog, I will probably knit more, read more, watch more TV. I most certainly will not scrub, dust or vacuum more. But the laundry will be done. I'm good at laundry.

I have always talked a lot--some might say too much. I still do, and they still might. Now, however, my voice sounds like a lace doily on an dusty table would sound if it could sound like something. (That's a stretch, I know, but I think it gives a nicer visual than saying that I sound like a croaky old lady now.)

I like to drink, especially wine, especially Shiraz and Malbec. But I don't drink as much as I used to. I don't know what that qualifies me for, but there must be something.

I gave up any interest that I had in cooking years ago. Actually, after the first dinner I prepared for My Awesome Husband Greg, after our honeymoon. He said "I don't grip on raw chicken," which was unfair, because the chicken was not raw. It was just boneless and skinless. It may not have looked delicious (or even edible), but believe me--it was thoroughly cooked. Anyway, not cooking was a relief. My meals never looked as good as the pictures, and my messes looked like natural disasters. But recently, what with all the amazing-looking recipes I see on facebook, some complete with tutorials, I have renewed my interest in creating delicious dishes for whoever will eat them. Unfortunately, my creations are still ugly, and my messes are monumental, so I don't know how long this phase will last.

There.

I have blogged on the first day of November. Now maybe I'll go early-vote. I have a feeling this is going to be a good month!







1 comment:

Cindy Ricksgers said...

Oh, good luck! I'll look forward to seeing your posts, as always, whether you manage every day or not!