Friday, November 11, 2016

Light



Not always, but today there was a procession of thoughts that came before my writing...

On waking, I started to think about how I wanted this day to be. I decided that it was time to let go of the anger I've been feeling about our President Elect. I can be still be sad. The sadness comes in manageable waves, and likely will for a while. But the anger is self-destructive. I want it gone.

I wondered if I was ready to write an honest post about where I hope to go from here. I don't want anything I say to be construed as acceptance of things that Mr. Trump has proudly proclaimed he stands for. He has used his words to viciously attack and strike fear into the hearts of half of the people in this country--people he claims he wants to represent. That is not okay. But can we give him a place to stand so he can start anew? I decided I want to try.

At that point, I logged onto facebook and saw that a friend had forwarded me a picture of hands holding light. She said it was the light of peace, and it was to be shared. I told her I was going to try to use it in my blog today. Alas, my limited grasp of technology will not allow me to post an HTML file here. I did, however find a photo in my archives that I am now calling "The Light of Peace."

So here I am. I am ready to open my heart to light and peace. I want to stop following--and sharing--posts that dwell on the ugliness of this election. While I never supported Donald Trump during his campaign, I am going to support him as President of the United States. I feel like we all need to do that in order to keep America great.

A lot of damage has been done. I am going to keep hope in my heart that if we all work together, some of it can be fixed. We can heal. While we must loudly voice our opposition if he resorts to bullying, we need to support our new President in the good that he will surely do. I am ready to give him a chance.