Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanks Given--Check



For morning sun washing the day with golden light--check.

For hot coffee enjoyed in bed while My Awesome Husband Greg took his morning run--check.

For birds singing when I opened the door to let the cat in--check.

For just enough time before company arrived to dust, set the table, shower and fix hair--check.

For Awesome Greg working his butt off in the kitchen prepping vegetables and getting out all the serving bowls. Also, Awesome Greg sweeping and vacuuming the entire house yesterday and standing in line at Honey Baked Ham (for ham) and J&S Cafeteria for pies--check, check and check.

For my brother, Mark deep-frying a turkey, and his wife, Kris, making stuffing and French onion casserole, then transporting their bounty--and their daughter, Tori, with her dog, Charlie--from Mocksville to join us--check.


For my daughter, Meagan, making mashed potatoes and green bean casserole and bringing her Joe and Charlie and Banjo and George to share the day--check.


For my son, Dominic, his girlfriend, Gigi (who made corn bread and mulled cider), and their friend, Rudy, being able to be part of our day--check.


For a new friend, Mark, and his son, Landon, bringing even more fun--and someone for Charlie to play with--check.


For my Gottliebs--Jason, Jordyn and Taylor--being with us because it wouldn't be the same without them--check.


And, finally, for Taylor sharing one of her most special gifts: Mashed Potato Man--check.


It has been another wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with people and food and fun. I miss those who weren't with us, but hope that they had a Thanksgiving that was as "all that" as ours was. I wish the same for all of my friends.

I have given thanks, and pray that I will continue, always, to be grateful for all that I have. Amen.

Oh, wait--I almost forgot! For plenty of wine, and at the end of the day, Charlie crowning me "The Queen of Disaster"--check.


Happy Thanksgiving every day!









No comments: