Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Letter Blog



Dear Readers,

When I committed to write a post every day in the month of November, I wasn't really thinking about who might read them. I only thought about writing them. I can do that, I told myself. Often when I make such rash statements, it turns out that I'm wrong. With only two days left in the month, though, this being one of them, it's starting to look like I might make it.

Recently a friend posted in a comment that he had committed to read all my posts this month. My sister sent me an e-mail telling me that even though she didn't always comment, she was reading and enjoying my efforts. She even asked me to e-mail her a copy of "Semantics--A Blog That Rhymes." Another friend shared it on her timeline. I was touched.

I know others have read because you have clicked "like" and left nice comments. I would like to give you all a big hug and thank you from the bottom of my heart. Even if you just "liked" without actually reading, I appreciate you. I know it hasn't always been easy. Some days I even bored myself. I apologize for the posts that were self-indulgent, and for the pointless, silly ones. I know there were some that only my family could appreciate, and they probably didn't even read them. I wish I were a better writer with more original ideas. I wish I were more intelligent so I could blog about more worldly topics. (Well, not really, but that sounded like an intelligent thing to say. I'd rather just be whimsical.)

I am deeply grateful for the love and encouragement I received from you, my friends. It's been wonderful to know you were out there, and it made me want never to disappoint.

I especially want to thank my blogging friend, Cindy Ricksgers, who made me aware of the November blogging challenge. I guess on some level, I was always writing for Cindy, whom I have often said is my inspiration. So thank you, Cindy. I have completely enjoyed getting back to something I have ignored for months at a time for the past six years.

Which brings up the question, will I continue blogging after November? Probably not every day. But I do plan to write regularly. I've sadly neglected my on-line writing class (fortunately, no deadlines there), and am looking forward to jumping back into that. I'm not going to say anything out loud, but I do hope to be here more often than I have been. December is a great month to blog, after all, with lots of material...

Love and thanks,


Me, Kate



4 comments:

Shadows Thoughts on Stuff said...

And you've the reason I am trying to write ... thanks. Mostly. Some days I feel guilty cuz I don't pick up the pen. (So to speak)

John

Linda said...

I always read even if I don't comment--I always hit the like button--keep up the good work ;)

Cindy Ricksgers said...

Kate, I have enjoyed every one of your posts this month, and am so glad you decided to do this, too. You really helped to keep me on track through this long, busy month!

Unknown said...

Thank you John and Linda and Cindy--I truly appreciate you all!