Friday, November 27, 2015

Afterwords--A Blog Written in Haiku



Granddaughter with wine
Set it down a little hard.
"So sorry, it spilled."

Cat shut in bedroom
Pooped on bed and peed on floor.
She couldn't help it.

Sixteen dinner guests;
Great time, but lots of dishes.
We'll clean up later.

Tablecloth is clean
After soaking and washing.
We'll use it again.

Hosed down the bedspread,
Hot water wash, two rinses.
Rewashed it today.

The morning after.
Mountains of plates ev'rywhere.
Husband washed them all.

I'll keep my husband
For as long as possible.
He's worth ev'rything.

3 comments:

Cindy Ricksgers said...

Perfect!
And hilarious!
Perfectly hilarious!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Cindy. The closer I get to Day 30, the more I realize how much I have enjoyed this writing commitment. I have you to thank!

Shadows Thoughts on Stuff said...

<:)

J