Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You Know What I Love? (A Morning Prayer)...


"Rhododendron from a Bathroom Window," May 2009 (Kate's LRDC)

...The dreams I have when I wake up extra early, drink a couple cups of coffee as I read in the chair by the window, then close my eyes and fall back asleep.

...That kind of sleep when I'm really just awake enough to know that I'm sleeping, and it feels sooooooo good.

...The feeling of an entire day spread out before me, when it seems that anything is possible, and that it will all be good.

...Being the first one in the house to wake up -- like I'm the one who's responsible for everyone else, and I am fully equipped to handle that job!

...Knowing that no matter how messy and cluttered it is, this house is Home.

...Realizing that later on, when it all begins to feel like Too Much, there really is someone else who's in charge.

...Knowing who to thank for all the things that are beautiful, in spite of all the things that are not. (Amen.)

No comments: