Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to My Awesome Husband Greg


My Awesome Husband Greg Masquerading as My Awesome James Thurber, June 2009 (Kate's LRDC)

M y life would be so very different without you in it.
Y ou are that nagivational thingy -- whatever you call it
-- that keeps me on course (sort of).

A lways ready -- and mostly willing -- to fulfill my every desire...
W hatever I did to deserve you must have been good! (Wish I could remember what it was so I could do it some more!)
E ven though you'd never guess it from the way I act sometimes (okay -- most of the time), I truly do appreciate the wonderfulness of you!
S ometimes I shudder when I let myself think about what I might have become, if not for your love and strength...
O ne of those crazy ladies who just walks around striking up conversations with complete strangers in public places because she doesn't have any place else to be?
M aybe I would have joined the circus, probably as a clown/acrobat or something.
E ventually, though, our paths would have surely crossed...Probably at the circus one night, where you, freshly broken up from whatever other relationship you may have gotten yourself into, would have come, seeking to lighten your heavy heart. (Isn't that what the circus is for? I never really knew.) Our eyes would have met, and I would have fallen off the tightrope right into your lap...You can't fight Destiny, you know!

H ow fortunate for us, though, that we didn't need to waste time on all that stuff. (I could have been hurt!)
U seless to ponder such things now.
S omehow, even though we were only 11 years old when we first became aware of each other, our fate was sealed.
B ut I can only speak for myself, really...
A ll right -- I knew that my fate was sealed!
N o one else would even come close to being the answer to my dreams, although it would be ten more years before we made it "official!"
D amn! I must have been psychic!

G ood times have far outweighed the bad since then.
R egardless of the occasional messes and confusion we (I) may have created as we got on with the business of living, there is one thing on which I am absolutely clear:
E very day we've shared has been a pixel in the "big picture" or our lives, and as such, has been necessary -- and precious.
G etting this far with you as my partner has been a remarkable journey, and I am very much looking forward to the rest of it!

I love you, and am so grateful to have you, MAHG! You are the best husband -- and the best father to our two amazing kids -- that I could possibly have imagined -- had I been given the privilege of making you up!



(Our kids: Dominic, Meagan -- and Joe -- Father's Day 2009 (Kate's LRDC)


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, MAHG!

No comments: