Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hula Baby: A Borrowed Babies Blog

(This is actually a "Kate Has a New Toy" blog...)

Remember, a while ago I learned that I could upload videos from YouTube onto my blog?

Well, since my brain was never encouraged to develop its "techno" muscle, that's as far as I got. Although I now have a camera (Have I mentioned my LRDC?) that allows me to take my own videos, I thought that I would have to upload/download -- I don't even know the difference -- them to YouTube before I could put them on my blog. But guess what...

(Turn up your Volume)





This is My Sunshine Jordyn, doing the hula to "Junk Food Jump" when she was a little over two years old, and totally uninhibited. My Awesome Husband Greg was the videographer, using his very first digital camera...We're talking floppy disks here.

Being technologically-impaired as I am, I thought we'd just have to hold on to that camera for the purpose of watching the little 15-second video clips he'd recorded. Putting them in the disk drive of the computer didn't work; they just wouldn't play properly.

Then today, I guess because I'm physically exhausted (Greg ran a 10K this morning in 85 humid degrees and it completely drained me!), my brain must have kicked in...I had an idea!

Would I possibly be able to transfer a video from a disk onto my hard drive? If so, would I be able to actually view it?

I think this post adequately answers those questions!

Watch for more old "Adorable Kids doing Cute Stuff" videos in future posts!

No comments: