Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dad


Photo of Dad at Kure Beach by Kris Karlek or Karen Branson. Kate added by Kate (MSN Paint).

So it's Father's Day again. The second one since Dad's been gone. He's been with me all day, though. I can feel him, and I just know.

I have so much I am thankful for -- that I have others to love, and who love me. But I'd still give just about anything to see my dad again. To sit next to him with my arm across is shoulder like this. It wouldn't even have to be the beach. The back stairs would be just fine. I'd love to hear his voice and see him smile. I have so many things I would tell him -- Would have told him the last time I saw him, if only I'd known it was the last time...

Oh, I know he knows all of it anyway. I just wish.

I miss you so much, Dad. Happy Father's Day.

No comments: