Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sweet Dreams of Clouds and Teeth

(Isn't that how that old Eurhythmics song went?)

You know how I've said that I like taking pictures of clouds with my LRDC? Well, I suppose, then, it's only natural that that should become the subject of one of my Wild-Assed Dreams...







Yep. I was out taking cloud photos -- just me and my LRDC -- when all of a sudden an alarm went off in my head. Or maybe there actually was an alarm -- you know -- that alarming buzzing sound the TV makes when they want you to know that you should seek shelter immediately because there's a tornado in your backyard?

Whatever...Whether it was in my head or in my ears, I heard an alarm, and I looked up in time to see a gigantic triangular (i.e., funnel-shaped ) cloud with a huge exclamation point right on its chest heading directly toward me!

Then the scene changed...

There was my Dazzling Daughter Meagan. She had come home to reclaim her old retainer, which she had left in one of the bathroom drawers something like 18 years ago. When I told her that I had just recently cleaned out those drawers and had donated her retainer to Goodwill, she did not display the wrath for which I had braced myself. Instead, her [beautiful, huge brown] eyes filled with tears as her lower lip began trembling. I didn't know what to do, so I just woke up then.

Oh -- She doesn't need that retainer anyway...




(Meagan Smiles, 9/22/07, by Karen Branson)

No comments: