Sunday, November 16, 2008

Random Acts of Art




Note: This blog includes graphic content...

Sometimes it seems like I just don't have enough stuff to do. Do you know what I mean? Oh, of course at any given time, there are dozens of things I should be doing. That's not what I'm talking about...



No, what I'm talking about are the times when, you know -- perhaps I just finished cleaning up the kitchen and I'm not in the mood to sit down and read a book -- or knit. (Or, do I even have to say it -- catch up on office work!) There's probably nothing good on tv...Dusting, vacuuming, and the like are out of the question, of course...Hello! I said I just finished cleaning the kitchen!



In the past, such times would have found me with my clogging shoes on, cue sheet in hand, trying to commit to memory the latest addition to my ever growing repertoire of fun, fantastic performance numbers. However [deep, self-pitying sigh here], I can no longer partake in such delights with reckless abandon -- that pesky blood oxygen level, you know. Having to pace myself makes the dancing seem like not quite so much fun sometimes. (Only during my rare moments of self-pity, though. Please forgive me for same.)


Of course blogging's always fun, but -- brace yourselves for this -- sometimes I just don't have anything to talk about!


Those are the times when I do stuff like this...



This one is called "Night." I can't remember when it was done, but I know that Jordyn, my most willing little partner-in-crime, contributed.
















This one, called "Colorwash," was all mine (I think).
















A Jordyn/Kate collaboration entitled "Colormess."

















Of course my favorite one is the first one -- "Quilt." Jordyn was my inspiration*, but I did all the work myself. (And the time I filled up was strictly my own.)
So if I haven't said it before, I'm saying it now: There is absolutely no excuse for being, at all times, a Productive, Hard-Working, Whirlwind-Producing, Over-Achieving Member of Society. (Unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing; in which case, be my guest!)


*I was watching her as she played with some colorful little cubes I bought years ago in an educational book store. Their intended purpose, I believe, is to help children learn math techniques. We've always just used them for times when we don't have enough stuff to do. We make wonderful patterns with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, this was fun...I even had fun playing with the darn blocks. But I was so hoping to see the "brothers" blog...didn't you get the pictures?
Love, yoursister