Friday, November 28, 2008

My Thanksgiving Blog

Greg, summer 2008, Lake Shannon (by Karen Branson)

God, our Heavenly Father, this day after Thanksgiving, the blessings in my life for which I am most grateful include, but are not limited to, the people in these photographs...

First, Father, I give you thanks for my wonderful husband (and featured photographer), Greg.

Then I thank you for my brother, Mark, his wife, Kris and their wonderful family; I thank them for sharing their bounty with us. I thank you, also, that Gina, Taylor and Jordyn were able to share the day with us. (As Taylor once said in all her youthful wisdom, "We are family because we're used to each other.")

Of course, Father, I am eternally grateful for all of the other members of our family -- the ones not pictured here -- and for all of our friends. Thank you, also, for the indescribable beauty which you have created for us on this earth. And thank you, Father, for the great and merciful love you have for all of us.

Now, the day in pictures, in no particular order. Oh, what the hell -- there's no order here whatsoever. Here are the pictures...

(Top) Cousins: Beth, Kristofer, Tori, Dj, Meagan. (Center) Kristofer, Tori, Dj.

(Below, left) Mark with Taylor and Jordyn. (Right) Jordyn.









(Above left) Tori, Beth and Jerry

(Right) Gina with Jordyn

(Below) Dj and Kristofer)



(Below left) Dj with Taylor. (Right) Kris and Joe

(Below) Kate and Mark


All photographs by Greg Fischer, Mocksville, NC, 11/28/08.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Wrote a response back to your comment on my blog, but posted it to my blog instead of yours! Ooops. :) If you want to read it, it's on my blog. Technology....