Wednesday, November 12, 2008

11/12 -- If Today is Your Birthday...

Jordyn in the Leaves, 11/9/08 (by Greg Fischer)


...If today is your birthday, then you are my Sunshine, Greg's Moochie, Jordyn Paige Gottlieb...and you are six years old!



...If today is your birthday, I first saw you, along with your Grandma Janet, when you were less than two hours old. I was awestruck, and afraid to hold you then.



...If today is your birthday, I finally did hold you later in the day, and that's when I fell in love with you!



...If today is your birthday, then you and your sister, Taylor, have brought more fun and laughter -- and chaos -- into our home than I would ever have imagined; now I know that's what it must be like to have grandchildren. (That's why I call you my imaginary granddaughter.)



...If today is your birthday, I have known you since infancy, I have loved you as if you were my own (calling you my inner child), and I have spoiled you beyond hope -- just ask your mom and dad. (Warning: I see no way of stopping now.)



...If today is your birthday, some days I fear I may not have enough energy to keep up with you...enough imagination to think of new projects to excite you...enough patience to indulge your every fleeting whim. But when I don't see you for more than a day, there's an empty place inside of me that only you can fill!



...If today is your birthday -- your 6th birthday -- this is a very exciting time for you. You are in kindergarten now, and are learning so much so quickly. It is thrilling for me to watch your love for books turn into true joy as you discover that you are actually able to read the words on the pages! I love it when you pull your papers out of your folder, one at a time, giving me time to exclaim over each one, knowing that I truly appreciate all of your efforts.



...If today is your birthday, I hope there are some wonderful surprises in store for you, my Sunshine. You are the best part of every day for me!


Happy Birthday Jordyn -- you know how much we love you!

No comments: