Monday, May 25, 2009

My Monogram Camera



K is for Kathleen, a rose is a Rose and F is for Fischer, Kate's LRDC, May 2009






Have I mentioned my Little Red Digital Camera -- the one my kids and my kid-in-law gave me for Christmas?



Well, now that we've spent enough time together for our friendship to become intimate in nature, I would like to announce that my LRDC has officially become my latest Obession. I like to have it with me at all times. Together, we have snapped hundreds of photographs -- flowers, branches, shadows, kids -- and clouds. I especially love taking pictures of clouds.* (I'm pretty sure there will be a "Cloud Photo" blog in the near future, even though my Awesome Husband Greg thinks that's a boring subject.)



Anyway, for now I just wanted to show you how we've "memorialized" my initials.




*Secretly, I'm hoping that one day, as I'm getting a shot of a particularly ominous-looking storm cloud, a funnel will actually form and drop insidiously to the earth, suddenly growing fat and dark with all the stuff swirling around its vortex. Then I'll calmly switch to "movie mode" on my LRDC and capture it all on film -- er, I mean -- what?...digits, I guess. (And I won't be one of those storm-chasers who repeatedly yells, "Oh my God! Oh my God!" as I shoot. Mine will be a silent movie.) Watch for it!




No comments: