Friday, May 15, 2009

I Heart Avery Blog

GlitterFly.com - Customize and Share your images





This is sort of a Guest Blog, I suppose, since I got the idea from my niece, Avery. (That's Avery in the picture, which was taken when she was about three years old -- something like ten years ago!)



A few days (or weeks) ago, Avery sent me an e-mail with a link to http://www.glitterfly.com/. That's how I got those sparkly hearts all over her photo. But you don't have to choose hearts -- There are several glitter options, as well as flowers, snow and little red hearts with wings!



Anyway, I played around with the stuff for a while, then posted a couple of my masterpieces on my facebook page. Then I sent Avery an e-mail (and a back-up to her mom -- that's My Awesome Sister Melissa -- just to be sure), telling her to get off her butt and confirm me as her fb Friend. It was Melissa who wrote back, informing me that Avery really doesn't like fb all that much, and was sort of hoping I'd use my new glitter skills in a blog.



You're thinking what I'm thinking, right? What a great idea, Ave! No wonder I love you so much!





Well, you should probably expect to see a little more of this type of thing in this blog for a while. But I promise I'll try not to overdo it. Then eventually I'll get over it and find some new toy with which to amuse myself. But in the meantime...





Thanks for the idea, My Darling Niece. Anytime you want to do a real guest blog for me -- like about your crazy mom or something -- just let me know, ok? Now haven't you got some studying or something you should be doing?

No comments: