Thursday, April 30, 2009

Plugging Grandma

OK, I realize that title can be taken a couple of different ways. Please let me explain...





I don't mean plug as in "to stop something up (with bullets or otherwise), and I don't mean Grandma as in my "parent's mother." I mean it, rather, in the sense of publicizing Grandma's Secret Spot Remover, which is a nifty little bottle of stuff we sell in My Very Own Fabric Store!





As a matter of fact, there's sort of a contest going on right now between my branch of the store and all of the other ones to see who can sell the most little bottles of Grandma's at $3.99 per. And, well, I am now prepared to offer a personal testimonial if someone should ask,

"Say, does this stuff really work?" I'll just say,


"Does it ever, Bub!"



Here, look...





This was my favorite little yellow jacket a couple of weeks ago after I spilled a glass of red wine all over myself at my husband's concert. (They'd probably rather I didn't mention it here, but since I'm into plugging right now, what the heck -- "The Greensboro Tar Heel Chorus.")



Oh -- and here are my favorite white jeans, victims of the same mishap...





Well, to be perfectly honest, the jeans shouldn't be part of my testimonial, since in their case, Grandma needed a little help from Clorox. But I swear to you, Bloggees: That little magic squeeze bottle worked all by itself -- just a few drops in fact -- to make my cute little yellow jacket look like new!





Now I'm not sure what the problem was with the jeans, but I should mention here that my Wonderful/Thoughtful Son-in-Law Joe was so relieved that he wasn't the victim of my most recent Stupendous Spilling Stunt, that he rushed off for a bottle of water and a handful of napkins. But by the time he returned, I had already rubbed the "damned spot" (Shakespeare) with the sweetly scented baby-wipe proffered by my friend, Becky. (Joe held on to the water, I suppose, in case I decided I needed something else to drink later.)





So now I'm left to ponder...Was it the baby-wipe pre-treatment that rendered Grandma's special potion ineffective on the jeans, while it freely performed its magic on my jacket? I'm thinking perhaps another "experiment" might be in order...





Who wants to sit beside me next time?



No comments: