Monday, April 20, 2009

4/20 -- If Yesterday was Your Birthday...

Mary Engelbreit Style Flowers by Kate, 4/19/09





...If yesterday was your birthday, I'm sure you don't mind that your birthday blog is a day late, since you won't see it until we get together next Saturday anyway. (But even if you did mind, you would be so gracious about it that I'd never have a clue!)





...If yesterday was your birthday, you are one of the beautiful women I look forward to spending time with (hopefully) once a month when our Intimate Book Group gathers to share conversation about books we've read (or hope to read), our families, our comings and goings and any other topic that happens to pop up. (And of course those wonderful snacks!)





...If yesterday was your birthday, you are surely an inspiration to more people than you probably realize! It seems that no matter what kind of a day it may be, or whatever troubles may be pestering you, you remain your cheerful, positive self.





...If yesterday was your birthday, I am amazed at how modest you are in light of your accomplishments! (And further amazed that this birthday was your 96th! You prove that age really is no more than a number!)





...If yesterday was your birthday, I am so grateful that you joined our group so many years ago. (I can't remember exactly how many, but I bet you do!) Even though your eyesight no longer allows you to read as you used to, you have such a wealth of accumulated knowledge about books and authors, and such an obvious joy in sharing it...As I said, I am grateful!





...If yesterday was your birthday, you're hearing all of this almost a week after your special day. Thank goodness that it's never too late to celebrate a friendship -- and that you can't celebrate one too often! So Happy Birthday, Mary Elizabeth! I hope your 96th birthday was wonderful, and that our little group will have many more monthly (more or less) Celebrations of Friendship!



1 comment:

Leslie said...

wow! 96 years!
I love your flowers!!