Thursday, April 23, 2009

Unnecessary Explanation?


I'm back, dear Bloggees...


While I realize from all of the phone calls and e-mails I received asking where I've been (0) that no explanation is necessary, I have gratuitously composed a menu of excuses for my long absence (save for a couple of birthday blogs, of course):


1. Income Taxes were due on April 15 this year! I don't know why they keep changing the date; they catch me unprepared every year! Then, when I finally realize there's a deadline looming, I have to devote a couple weeks to dancing around those piles of paperwork stashed here and there about the house. Believe me -- During that time I have little energy for anything else -- including blogging!


2. My [percieved] health issues...I've been so preoccupied with worrying about the recent return of my Smurf fingers that I haven't really felt like trying to come up with something whimsical to blog about. (And a blog of a serious nature would have just made me feel worse.) But good news...I saw my wonderful, loveable Dr. Pulmonologist last week, and I will soon bring you all up to date with a Somewhat Positive Doctor Blog!


3. Easter happened. There were eggs to color, dresses to sew, candy to hide, flowers to plant (?), rooms to clean, Christmas decorations to be replaced with the Easter version, food to prepare (I know, not by me -- but still!) Just general seasonal busyness, I guess.


4. My job. Hey, I'm working anywhere from 6 to 10 hours a week now, for gracious sakes alive! You can just imagine how that demanding schedule eats into my blogging time!


5. Facebook. I'm not complaining, of course -- I love facebook. I'm just saying that sometimes, although I may have intended to just log on to change my status or something, one thing leads to another in a veritable circus of delights for a person with ADD such as myself!


Well now, that's what I'm talking about...It's time for me to leave you once again so I can travel across town to My Wonderful Fabric Store, with nary a moment to spare. (Hence, no new picture for this post! Sorry. I'll try to do better next time!)




1 comment:

Leslie said...

I noticed you took a little break, but well deserved, I'm sure. AND you had good excuses (well sort of).
And, I did miss you, but I didn't want to put added pressure on you knowing you were dancing around piles, etc! It's spring! yay!