Sunday, March 1, 2009

Unemployed No Longer!

I got the job, Bloggees -- The one at the fabric store!





*



Oh, not teaching a sewing class. **(February 18 post.) That wasn't for me. That would have involved being my own boss, and unless you're small enough for me to pick up and carry around, I don't want to be your boss!





*



(Well, actually, I guess I do fit into that category in that I carry myself around all the time. But another requirement if you want me to be your boss is that you have to be young enough to believe that I am a super hero with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. I'm waaaaaaaaaay too old to buy that!)



*



No, much to my delight, I've been hired to actually work in the fabric store -- and in my world, that's almost as good as working in a bookstore!



*






**(I think it must have been those lime green underpants, don't you?)



*




Of course I'm absolutely thrilled to have been chosen, but there are a few things that are causing me some anxiety...



*



I guess this will mean less time for blogging and clogging -- and my new obsession -- Facebooking.





*



And of course it probably means I'll have to learn some new skills -- things like convincing people that I really know what I'm talking about when maybe I don't. And listening the first time (help, Mom).



*



Then there's the always the inevitable risk involved in running with scissors...



*



But try not to worry too, much, Bloggees. I'll be sure my cowboy boots aren't wet! (December 24 post.)

*


Well, I've got another week before I actually start. I guess there are some things I could practice in order to bolster my confidence. But until the hard part -- the part that involves actually working -- starts, I think I'll just bask in the wonderful feeling that I've won some magnicificent prize -- a job!

2 comments:

Puck58 said...

Congratulations! I would totally buy fabric from you:)

Unknown said...

Awww, thanks Liz! I promise -- It only hurts a little bit if I accidentally (?) (accidently?) cut you by accident!