Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Simply Red (A Poetry Blog)

(Alternate title: Dread Locks)
Kate "I-Meant-to-Do-This" Fischer, Summer 2005
(by Greg "I-Can't-Believe-You-Did-That" Fischer)


*


Frivolous woman with crimson hair,


Trying to act like you don't care,


Had you no thought within that head


The day you were so far mis-lead?


*


Of course I had a thought in there...


I thought, I want some bright red hair!


(I also thought some other stuff,


But for now I think I've said enough.)


*


Well, if I may be so bold to ask,


Once you'd begun the fateful task --


Extremely Mak(ing) O'er your head --


Did you not harbor one small dread?


*


Well, of course right then, there was no dread --


I meant to do it, as I said...


I did, however, have some doubt


The first time that I ventured out!



No comments: