Sunday, March 22, 2009

3/22 -- If Today is Your Birthday...




Greg, Deb and Dawn (mid-50's)

(Remember -- If you can't read the words, click on the photo to enlarge it.)



...If today is your birthday, you grew up in an atmosphere of nervous anxiety, never knowing what your brother's next method of torment would be; for that, you have earned my deepest respect and sympathy.


...If today is your birthday, you have the distinction of being the Middle Child. (Yes, there are four children in your family, but we don't count Greg because...well, because he's a boy.)



...If today is your birthday, you can always make me laugh, even if you have to resort to laughing yourself until you cry -- God, I love it when you do that!



...If today is your birthday, you are Greg's only sibling who is brave enough as an adult to reside in the same city (again earning you my deepest respect and sympathy).



...If today is your birthday, I actually respect you for a lot of reasons...In fact, I wish I could be more like you. (And if you ever really need my sympathy, you shall have that, too.)



...If today is your birthday we became sisters when I married your brother. And for that, I think I deserve a lot of respect and sympathy!



Happy Birthday Dawn --



We love you!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks--for so many things, but mostly for not using that picture of me in Jordan's blond wig.

Unknown said...

You're welcome -- I knew you wouldn't want me to do that, and what the heck -- it is your birthday! (Besides -- you're so cute in this one!)