Friday, March 13, 2009

Blogging for Alex

Alex in the Snow -- His favorite way to be (by Melissa Wagner)




This blog is for my nephew, Alexander Jordan Wagner. This is an old photo of him -- he's 17 now. I like picturing him in the snow. My sister, Melissa, once asked him, "What is the very best feeling in the world?" Without pause, Alex answered, "Waking up to a new snow."





It's not Alex's birthday or anything. Not even close -- he was a July baby. I've just been thinking about him a lot lately. Alex has autism, but you wouldn't know it to see him now. (If you'd like to read more about Alex's autism, Melissa has done a beautiful job of blogging about it (http://www.alexisalldonescreaming.blogspot.com/). But she's not blogging anymore -- just keeping a journal, and sending updates out to the family.





Alex has been having seizures lately. For about three years, I think. The first few were six months to a year apart. Then they began coming more frequently. Melissa is working with a wonderful homeopath -- and with God, of course. We're all hoping that the episodes are coming to an end. Alex is more and more in touch with his body, and seems to be able to feel when a seizure is coming now. They're becoming a little less frequent, and with a little less intensity.





Melissa feels (I do, too) that Alex's seizures are caused by his exposure to vaccines -- both animal vaccines and human vaccines. He's being treated homeopathically, and God is guiding everyone involved. Some might have a different view of the cause of Alex's symptoms and his treatment. That's why I'm not going into a lot of detail here.





I just felt like I wanted to blog for Alex today. I guess we could say this is a Guest Blog, at least in part, because these photos were all taken by Alex. (They've all been posted in Missy's blog.) People have said that Alex seems to see what others do not, and that his camera records what he sees. I certainly do not have a trained eye, and I may be prejudiced by the love I have for Alex. But I think these are special, and I'd like to share them with you...



(I've uploaded small versions of the pictures, but you can just click on them to see a larger view -- enjoy!)


















3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, nice post about Alex, but his middle name is Jordan, not Nicholas. Silly. Put your beer down and go fix it. Plus, don't forget. It's not just a belief about the vaccinations causing autism and seizures. We have proof. And that's why I'm writing a book ...

Unknown said...

Hey -- I like that. Jordan. When did you decide to change in from Nicholas?

Unknown said...

I mean change IT from Nicholas?