Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24 -- If Today is Your Birthday...and Blog Number 200!

Fireworks over Lake Shannon by Karen Branson, Summer 2002

...If today is your birthday, yes, these fireworks are for you! Yes, this is also my 200th blog, but we're celebrating you today, Alex! (I do think it's kind of cool, though, that Blog No. 200 just happens to fall on your birthday, don't you?)

...If today is your birthday, I know that this hasn't been the most exciting summer you've ever had. And I know that last winter was disappointing because of all the snowmobiling you had to miss out on. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

...If today is your birthday, that's just a small part of what makes you so special -- the way you handle stuff like that. Because God made you that way. I don't know why you have to go through all of this, but like you, I trust that God has a plan, and that it's a good one. And that he'll help you get through it if you ever feel like just giving up!

...If today is your birthday, sometimes when I think about you, my heart actually hurts because of the way that I love you. Then I just tell God that I want him to turn that hurt into prayers.

...If today is your birthday, I sure wish we could all be there to go the Lake Inn with you -- if that's what you choose for your birthday dinner. But really, sitting out on your patio, eating your dad's grilled burgers and sweet corn would be just as fantastic! We miss you guys so much!

...If today is your birthday, I hope it won't be much longer before you can put all thoughts of seizures and vaccinations and remedies behind you, and just do the things you love again -- with no worries!

...If today is your birthday, I know your day is filled with love. I just wish I could be there to show you mine with a great big birthday hug!



Alex with Louie, Davison, Michigan, by Melissa Wagner

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALEX -- WE LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOUR DAY IS PERFECT!


No comments: