Sunday, January 11, 2009

No. 100 -- Jogging My Clogged Blog!

"Blog No. 100" by Kate (MSN Paint)
*

Ready? Is this on? Test...test...Okay. I think I'm ready...
*
Hi, you wonderful Bloggees -- I must begin by thanking you all! I know that many of you have been literally sitting on your hands to keep them from pouncing on your keyboards and typing me pesky messages like, "Hey, Kate -- Why haven't you posted anything new lately? What's the matter? Are you mad at us? Can't you even draw us a silly picture or something? How about one of your dumb (and not real, because if they were real, they'd all be about nature) haikus? Oh, where are you, Kate?!"
*
No -- Although it's been more than a week now since I've posted anything, incredibly, I've had to put up with none of that! As a matter of fact, it almost seems as if no one's even missed me -- or noticed that I've been missing...Ah, do you see why I love you so much, you dear, considerate Bloggees? Well, repress no more -- I'm back, and I can explain!
*
I suppose it was my own doing, getting my blog all clogged like that...
*
It started just before Christmas when I realized I had published something like 87 posts, and that if I really worked at it, occasionally posting more than once a day, I might actually time it so that my 100th post would coincide with New Year's Eve. Now that would be something to celebrate -- at least in my mind -- and remember -- this is my mind, so to speak...
*
(You do remember my blog-as-outlet-mall-for-my-brain analogy, don't you? Or as I now prefer to think of it -- a flea market for my brain -- cheaper, and not as well organized as an actual outlet mall!)
*
Well, so I immediately began letting visions of blog ideas dance in my head (in keeping with the season, you know). Naturally (still my mind -- remember!) that led to some sort of circuit-busting overload, and I had to give up on my Bowlofchairies New Year's Eve/100th Post Party idea. But that 100th post still loomed. Eventually I'd have to come up with something momentous, wouldn't I?
*
And that, as we now know, is how a blog gets clogged!
*
But wait! Does it really have to be something momentous? Couldn't I just mark my 100th post by doing something trifling (not that I've had any actual experience with trifling blog entries, of course, but still...)
*
All I need is to begin...
*
And that's all the jogging that was necessary -- Voila! An unclogged blog!
*
Anyway, since I began this whole thing 100 posts ago, I have learned some things about blogging. Someday soon I'll do a post apologizing for (as well as rationalizing, of course,) all of those embarrassing faux pas (Is there a plural for that -- someone post a comment, please!) I have unwittingly made -- one of which involves the length of my posts!
*
But for now I am, throwing caution to the wind and risking making this just one mid-sized paragraph too long so I can tell you about the wonderful Christmas gift I got from my son: It's a simply gorgeous publication called "Artful Blogging: Visually Inspiring Online Journals. Oh, the things I have learned! For instance, it turns out that this little flea market blog of mine is actually one big fat mess (kind of like my face on prednisone)! In fact, I don't deserve to have even two or three million of you hanging around to read this gobbledegook! (But you really are the best daughter and sisters a blogger could ever want, you know!)
*
But wait -- before I let you I go, there's just one more thing I'd like to share with you...I like to think of this as sort of a reward for all of your blog-reading tenacity; however, you may consider it just one more thing I've come up with so I can avoid actually being productive, yet still look like I'm doing something...


















Kate at Grandpa & Grandma Borg's house, Garden City, Michigan, circa 1956 (?) Note: The German Shepherd terrorizing the child with the large head (yes, I mean the girl, not the dog) is Sabrina -- probably the gentlest dog of her size that ever lived!

No comments: