Wednesday, January 7, 2009

1/7 -- If Today is Your Birthday...

Tara and Kim, Nov. 2008, by Greg. Note: In eliminating the red-eye from this photo, I managed to turn Tara's beautiful blue eyes brown -- Don't know how to remedy that, but trust me -- she's even prettier with blue eyes!


...If today is your birthday, you are 18 -- Poof! Just like that! (That has to be how it happened, because there's no way that 18 years can have passed since I came and stayed with your mom for a week when she first brought you home! That was only like three or four years ago, wasn't it?)
*
...Oh, wait -- If today is your birthday, it probably just seems like a few years to me, since I don't get to see you very often... I guess you probably feel like you've packed 18 years of Life into that relatively short period of time, don't you?
*
...If today is your birthday, you are -- and always have been --incredibly cute/adorable/beautiful. We have plenty of pictures as evidence. Talented, too -- The various dance-costume pictures will attest to that. (Plus, I can remember you and your cousins -- including Dj and Brad -- dancing to the Spice Girls on a visit to Michigan when you were about six or seven. Oh yes...definitely talented!)
*
...If today is your birthday, I can remember holding you as an infant and marveling at how amazing you were. I can remember going with you and your mom for your first doctor's appointment on the day I was leaving to come home. I remember being anxious to get back to my own family, but feeling so sad that I had to leave such a magical thing as a new baby behind. I knew that the next time I saw you, you would have changed in so many ways. But you know what? The changes have all been magical, too. You still have the same sparkle that you had as an infant.
*
...If today is your birthday, I am wishing that your life will be all that you can dream -- that we will always be close enough to see what comes your way!
*

Happy 18th Birthday, Tara!

No comments: