Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Loose Ends

Well, there's another loose end that I apparently need to tie up...



The sad reality is that I have been voted off the "Best Job I Ever Had" show! Apparently they really meant it when they said "seasonal" book seller.



I, however, was in major denial, thinking that if I could only prove to them that I wanted to be a book seller more than anyone they'd ever interviewed -- so much so that I'd gladly shell out five times more for merchandise (at 30% off!) than they would be paying me in wages each week) -- that there would be no way they would make me extinguish my torch!



What about all those alliances I had formed -- both with fellow employees and customers? I even learned all of their names -- both fellow employees and customers! I was so nice to everyone -- even on the days I wore my tiara, which meant I didn't really have to be!



Ah me. So sad. (So stop asking me how my job's going, ok? That is so not funny!)



You know, as I think about it, perhaps I can come up with a possible explanation or two...



Like, remember the day of the cowboy-boot/wet-floor incident (Dec. 24 post)? I actually regretted that there had been no one in the break room to witness my stupendous acrobatics. But maybe there was someone...What if there was a camera....

"The Fall" Being Filmed, by Kate (MSN Paint)

What if they got it on film? And what if, at the beginning of each shift, they have the employees all sit down and watch me throw my feet up in the air and smash my face on the corner of that table?


(They've probably even added a voice-over saying, "So be sure your feet are completely dry before you walk into the break room wearing cowboy boots!")

If that happened, I suppose I can see why they would vote me off...

R2D2 Blabs, by Kate (MSN Paint)


And then there was that R2D2 incident (Dec. 9 post)...What if that little monster did blab? What if he told them everything?



Oh, sure, he was as annoying as ridges in your socks, but he had been there a long time before I ever came onto the scene. I'm sure he'd formed an alliance or two himself...



That could also explain my poor doused torch.



Well, you live and you learn.



So now I'm filling out on-line job applications -- a process I hate so much, I think it's worth an entire post of its own -- some other time. I have to go now.

No comments: