Thursday, December 16, 2010

"You Are My Special Angel..."


Tree Top Angel (12/16/10, LRDC)

This little angel has been with us since the first Christmas we were married -- 1973. I remember picking her out at Meier Thrifty Acres with My Awesome Husband Greg, along with a box of little puppies and kittens in baskets (ornaments, that is). The puppies and kittens now reside with our Beautiful Daughter Meagan, but the angel is still standing duty at the top of our tree, 37 years later. She looks pretty good for her age, don't you think? Sure, her hairstyle is a little outdated, and I doubt that the color is natural any longer (if it ever was), but all in all, I'd say she's holding up pretty well!

Well, actually, she's only topped 36 of our trees. She got a break last year, because that was the Christmas all of the boxes didn't make it down from the attic. It was Christmas Eve, and Greg said, "That's it -- There's enough stuff on that tree!" So our pretty little angel, along with a bunch of Santas and tiny Christmas trees, remained in her shoebox. (Maybe that's why she looks extra perky this year.)



My Awesome Husband Greg Angel (12/16/10, LRDC)

This is my other Christmas Angel. See how he's risking life and limb, standing on a wobbly stool (Okay, so you can't actually see the stool -- Use your imagination!) so that I won't have to? That's just one of the millions of things this man does for me. I could call him my Every Day Angel, but that sounds dumb. Besides, I already call him My Awesome Husband Greg. I think that's enough.

1 comment:

Mama Pike said...

This is what Christmas is all about, special memories and traditions. How wonderful that you still have your angel after all of these years.