Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Taylor!!!!

Taylor's First White Christmas, 12/25/10 (Kate's LRDC)

Happy Birthday, Sweet, Beautiful Taylor...Your 13th!

I didn't get you a present. (That will have to wait until you get back from Nashville. I will look forward to spending time with you while you choose something for yourself!)

I didn't make you a card. (My mind was too crazed with all the excitement of Christmas to settle down and be creative.)

I didn't put together a flash mob for you. (I wouldn't even know where to begin.)

I didn't write you a song. (I've never written a song for anyone in my life!)

I didn't bake you a cake. (If you really want me to, I'll buy you one, though.)

I didn't send flowers. (They'd be all withered and dry before you get back from Nashville.)

I didn't really know what to do to show you how much I love you. I've known you since you were an adorable two-year-old with wild curly hair and huge brown eyes. I remember the first day I met you...You were so tiny, yet so brave -- We were perfect strangers to you, yet you came to our house to play while Mommy had to work. You immediately found a place in our hearts, and there you will always be!

I can hardly believe you're 13 today. Sure, I can see that you've grown into an impossibly beautiful young lady. And I can look at pictures of you we've taken through the years, and see how you've gradually changed...I guess I just have to accept the fact that you're a teenager now!

I know this is a special birthday for you. I hope it is full of wonderful memories that you will always keep.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A GIRL WHO HAS BROUGHT MAGIC INTO OUR LIVES -- WE LOVE YOU FOREVER!

No comments: