Saturday, December 11, 2010

Visions of Flash Mobs Dance in My Head!



I love this video so much! When I first saw it posted on facebook, I immediately added "Be somewhere -- anywhere -- when a flash mob breaks out" to my bucket list. Then my daughter posted it, and told Santa that all she wanted for Christmas was a flash mob of her very own. Which prompted me to tell her that all I wanted from her and her brother this year was for them to set one up for me. Then I started to imagine what that would be like...

It would be Christmas morning, and even though I'd be sort of halfway expecting it, I would act so surprised, they'd never wonder -- especially Dominic. We'd all be sitting around in our pajamas (or sweats for the ones who'd had to drive over early). This being Charlie's first Christmas, of course she'd be drawing most of the attention -- Which would allow My Awesome Husband Greg to slip unnoticed from the living room in order to get his video camera ready.

I'd probably be the one whose job it was to keep Charlie from eating bows and wrapping paper, and to show her how to play with her new toys, so Meagan and Dominic -- and Joe, if he was willing -- would be able to take their positions without my noticing (or seeming to notice)...

I picture Dominic stepping up onto the coffee table (and if Sydney's there, she could be on his shoulders), while Meagan straddles the bannister. Joe would maybe be doing a handstand on the rocking chair to start off, but he'd probably have to flip onto his feet after a couple of minutes. In my vision, they're singing "God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen," and they sound just like Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan. And since that song doesn't usually bring out the sentimentality in me, I'd have to force myself a little bit, but I imagine myself crying (and looking pretty while I do it. I'll have to remember to put on waterproof mascara that morning.)

You know, dreams are what keep me going sometimes. I can't wait until Christmas!

No comments: