Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Unremarkable Moment...



I can't believe I let it go by with nary a mention! September 12 marked the one-year anniversary of my Bowl of Chairies!






I didn't even blog that day!

Actually, I was thinking September 14 was the anniversary. But September 14 (Peyton's birthday) marked my last official "If Today is Your Birthday" post. Yep. Pretty much everyone I know has now been immortalized at least once in this blog, beginning with Gina Gottlieb on September 18, 2008. Hey -- I just realized something: My other Gina-Friend, Gina Gourley, would have been properly birthday-blogged on September 10, except that I did hers a couple days early (on purpose, of course). If not for Keenan's and Peyton's (two of my "Borrowed Babies"), my birthday blog ritual would have begun and ended with a Gina! Now that's remarkable!

So anyway, it's been a year. I feel like I should change something, but nah...I went through so much trouble (with the help of My Awesome Husband Greg) trying to get that header with the bowl of "chairies" just right...

Hey, maybe this would be a good place to say that yes, I have noticed that the letters are just a tad too far left, and that the capital A even goes off the lace a little bit. Like I said, I went through so much trouble...

Also, yes, I have greatly slacked off lately, barely posting anything except birthday blogs. Could you tell that I took that responsibility seriously? It was as if I imagined everyone who knows me waking up on their birthday and immediately logging on to see if I'd done their blog. Of course I do know the reality...that even after I'd sent e-mails notifying recipients that they'd been blogged, some of them didn't even bother to read what I'd written. But I live in my own mind, so I tried -- and yes, occasionally failed -- to at least post timely birthday wishes!

Well, now my work is done. Now maybe I'll be able to think of other things to write about that people won't want to read.

First, however, there are other things I must do. In fact, that list is so overwhelming I think I may just let myself get lost in a book or something. But, hopefully, I'll be back soon with nothing remarkable to say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lace? I thought it was snake skin.