Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 14 -- If Today is Your Birthday...

Peyton Virginia Wilson, August 2009 (LRDC)

..If today is your birthday (Well, yesterday, actually -- I'm late!), you are a very special little girl, and I love you!

...If today is your birthday, I remember the very first day that Daddy dropped you off at my house so I could watch you while he and Mommy went to work. You were so quiet, but you never cried.

...If today is your birthday, I remember the first time I picked you up to hold you...You wrapped your arms around my neck and gave me a really good hug. I've always loved your hugs, my Peyton!

...If today is your birthday, you've delighted our whole family with your funny little ways. You made me fear for your life the way you insisted on running everywhere, when you could barely walk! (I joked that there should be a Peyton-sized hole in the door at the end of the kitchen because you never stopped running until you hit something.)

...If today is your birthday, I've been amazed at the quickness of your mind and your passion for learning and trying new things. "Brilliant" is the word that comes to mind.

...If today is your birthday, I sometimes long for those days when I would get to keep you all day long, knowing when I said goodbye in the afternoon, that I'd be seeing you again the next morning. But...

...If today is your birthday, you're five years old now, and you have a baby brother and you go to school and I go to work...I'm just so very glad that I still get to see you and your wonderful family once in a while!

...If today is your birthday, I'm sorry this message is late, but...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR PEYTON!

WE LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL DAY!

No comments: