Friday, September 16, 2016

Jordyn Reads, Revisited


Note: I wrote this post eight years ago, when Jordyn was five years old and just beginning to read. The other night, I had the pleasure of having Jordyn read to me again for the first time in several years. This morning, my daughter, Meagan, told me how pleased she was that Charlie has discovered the joy of reading on her own. Reading is a gift to be treasured, whether it's given or received. I'm so glad I saved this memory of a special time...


Oh look.

Jordyn can read.

Jordyn can read to Kate.



Kate is messy.

Kate spilled coffee on her shirt.

Funny, Funny Kate.

See Jordyn multi-task.

Jordyn can read and play.

Jordyn can read and write.

Jordyn can read and color.

See Jordyn watch TV and read.

Jordyn can read and watch TV and talk.

Jordyn likes to sing and read.

See Jordyn lead an imaginary choir and read.

Oh look. Jordyn can read a book.

Jordyn says,

"See Baby Sally...Hey! I like the way they all have yellow hair!"

Jordyn is smart.

Jordyn is funny.

Kate loves Jordyn.

No comments: