Sunday, June 11, 2017

Help Hope Live Update, April 28, 2017



This is not really the kind of update where I give you new information that you don't already know. It's just me sitting here with a grateful heart on a Friday afternoon, feeling like I want to share something with you. How about if I let you in on what we're thinking is going to happen in the next week or so?

The collagen injection into my vocal cord last week appears to have been a success, at least as far as my voice is concerned. Everyone who knows me is thrilled, because the fact that I literally had no voice for about six months did not in anyway stop me from saying words. Now it's just much easier to hear them, so yeah, success.

Next Tuesday will be the real test--my FEES test. I don't know what the initials stand for, but the test involves a small camera inserted into my throat through my nose, which will then record what happens as I swallow various things dyed with green food coloring. If the injection did everything we hoped for, my newly plumped vocal cord will act like a GPS in my throat, making sure nothing makes a wrong turn and ends up in a windpipe or a lung.

I also have three other appointments on Thursday; there's always something else that needs to be checked and cleared. Once those results are in, assuming all goes well, I will be recommended for listing the following week!

This is starting to feel like it's really happening. I have already received so much from you, yet I ask you to continue to keep me in your prayers. Thank you with all of my heart.


No comments: