Sunday, June 11, 2017

Help Hope Live Update, April 22, 2017



Hi. Still some questions, but we're moving in the right direction! Necessary appointments have been made, a plan for getting everyone to the appropriate classes is in the works and, thanks to your generous donations, we're halfway to our fundraising goal! I can't thank you enough!

Yesterday I had my paralyzed vocal cord injected with collagen. It was not exactly what I expected--to walk out of the clinic singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" at the top of my lungs. It actually hurt a lot more than I thought it would, and my voice, while definitely stronger and louder, is...well, my daughter said I sounded like "an articulate frog." I'm assured this is temporary.

Next week I will have another swallowing (FEES) test to see if the injection did all we hoped it would.

I need to get a tetanus booster and be cleared by Psyche--it could happen--and if all goes well, I'll soon have a coveted place on that list!

Again, thank you all so much for all of your prayers and your kind words of love and offers of help. I definitely feel that I have lots of companionship on this journey. I pray for all of you in return!










The three video clips, taken by my daughter, Meagan, are me in the doctor's office, just before my vocal cord injection, an hour later in the car on the way home, and one week later, almost back to normal. Now, six weeks later (June 2017), my voice has returned one hundred percent.









No comments: