Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Dear Santa





Hey, Santa, why the scowl? I guess 2016 must have gotten to you a little bit, too, huh?

Well, on the bright side, your sleigh will be lighter than usual when you head out on Saturday night. In fact, I'll bet the only people on your "Nice" list are the ones who don't have media access, and somehow managed not to hear about that election we had last month. Oh, sure there were a few who were able refrain from saying (i.e., posting on facebook) all the mean words they were thinking about the candidates and the people who supported them. I know a couple of those folks myself, and I gotta say, they deserve all the gifts. Such restraint is truly admirable.

The rest of us will just have to suck it up and buy our own stuff. Sad, to be sure, but it's what we deserve. Besides--and I'm only speaking for myself here--the satisfaction of "winning" an argument by getting in the last word (even if it was only because the other guy had already logged off) was its own reward. Not to mention all the likes and laughing emojis--those were fun. I'll be able to bask in my warm memories of being applauded for my bitchiness while my nicer friends are opening their gifts on Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas, Santa. I really am going to might do better in 2017!


No comments: