Saturday, October 29, 2016

Promptly




So I am still compulsively trying to write my way through the hundreds of prompts in my Escaping Into The Open book. I find most of them ridiculous, yet still, I persist. Compulsively.

This morning, after describing a feather, a diamond bracelet and a note that I had supposedly found in an old jewelry box in the back of a closet, I decided I might as well come up with my own list of prompts. Here you go...

1. You are creeping around your neighbor's house in the middle of the night, peering into their windows. Describe what you see.

2. Use these three words in a paragraph: crisp, bacon and delicious.

3. You are visiting a friend. When she leaves the room, her dog starts licking your legs. What do you do?

4. You are visiting a different friend. When she leaves the room, her husband starts licking your legs. What do you do?

5. As a joke, you fill your husband's car with water balloons. Describe what you think is going to happen when he leaves for work in the morning.

6. Describe the sandwich you are eating without using real words.

7. Write a story or poem using these words: octogenarian, buckshot and chimpanzee.

8. You are shopping for underwear when a woman asks you to hold her purse open so she can fill it with packages of socks and panties. You suspect that she has no intention of paying for these items. What do you do?

9. You go to a Halloween party disguised as your favorite piece of furniture. What are you wearing?

10. Use these three words in a paragraph: basket, percent and deplorable.

There. That should be enough to get you started.

No comments: