Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Agitation...


...When you have something to say, and you know it's important for someone to hear, but even in your imagination you can't conjure up one single person who will want to listen.

...When there's a long list of things that have been bugging you about your husband--maybe even longer than his list of things about you--but you know you shouldn't write it down; but still, you can't forget about all the things that are on it.

...When you feel sorry for yourself because your kids treat you (when they bother to treat you at all) like some annoying crazy person that they wish they didn't have to deal with, but they do. And then you realize that that's just Karma showing off.

...When the f*!@ing cat can't decide whether she'd rather be inside or outside, but is incapable of dealing with her indecision on her own, so you have to keep getting out of your chair to help her make up her mind.

...When life is good--especially yours--and you know it, and you think you should make a list of all the things that make you happy, but dammit, today you just don't feel like it, so you write a blog listing all your complaints. (Because you know no one will listen to you anyway.)

6 comments:

Sue Fannin said...

I will listen and you are not crazy, well, not any crazier than me!!

Unknown said...

Sometimes you need a day of discontent just to make the every day good times seem more special. Yesterday was my day, expecting to help do gardening while the kids played, instead I felt bullied and shunted aside so my husband could do it all.

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks! (And I know that.)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Patti. That does help keep things in perspective. (You should put that on your husband list.)

richard chisholm said...

I saw that you published this the other day. I finally got around to reading it. I'm so glad to see you are back at it, I know you have been busy. Something to keep in mind, though. Don't keep those lists around too long.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Rick--I know better than to write them down. Much easier to forget that way. :)