Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Sunshine!

It's been a while since I've done a Birthday Blog, but today is a perfect occasion for one...





Jordyn, Autumn 2009, My LRDC


This is Jordyn, and she is my Sunshine, as the song says. Today is Jordyn's eighth birthday. She's in second grade.

I first held Jordyn in my arms when she hours old. In all her tiny perfection, she moved straight from my arms and into my heart, where she will remain forever. I call her my Tiny Best Friend.

I no longer see Jordyn every day, but on the days that I pick her up from school, I wait in the "car rider" line in happy anticipation. I never know what she's going to say as she climbs over Charlie's carseat and buckles herself in, but I know it's going to make me smile. Sometimes, though, I try not to let her see. Like the day she said, "I didn't know it was 'Wacky-Tacky' day today." I looked at her athletic sweatshirt and pink camo capri pants (which had once been pink camo bootcut jeans) and pink sandals with flowers on them, and thought, You could have fooled me!

These days, by the time I get to school, I'm generally exhausted from having kept up with Charlie -- just barely -- all morning; but Jordyn usually manages to get me excited about some project she's been working on in her mind -- either an assignment, or "just for fun." She loves school, and is wonderful about getting her homework done as soon as we get home. (Sometimes even before her usual snack of fresh, homemade [Kraft] macaroni and cheese). After that, she sometimes likes to do "crafts," but lately she's developed a liking for doing book reports for extra credit!

This little girl -- along with her entire family -- has enriched our lives (mine and My Awesome Husband Greg's) beyond count, so as Jordyn celebrates her eighth birthday, we are celebrating another year of joy and love that she's brought into our lives!

We love you Jordyn. Please have The Best Birthday Ever today!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn!